Wednesday, October 1, 2008

READ the labels



I admit, its my fault.


I was on the lookout for a good baby shampoo for our baby, one that really smelled good. After a little research, i came upon a 2-1 instant foam shampoo. I know it comes in 2 variants, i got the magic melon scent. It really smelled good and it was fun to use on my baby because it was in foam form so it lathered real well. After about 2 months of use, i found out its intended only for kids 2 years and up! I assumed it being a tear free formula I could use it on my baby. I should have read the label. Good thing my baby didn't develop any allergy or anything. Another lesson learned by this new mommy. You can never be too careful when it comes to your baby.

2 comments:

kidMD said...

It's a good thing your baby did not develop any allergic reaction. Baby soaps are really made for babies because of their hypoallergenic formulation. Aveeno, Johnson's, to name a few, are some good brands.

Chatty said...

I'm also tempted to use the nice-smelling soaps/shampoos for my baby, but her pediatrician recommended that I stick with the current one that we're using (smells just like water..that is, no scent...hehe): Lactacyd Baby/Toddler bath (the Toddler variety I started using on my daughter when she turned 1 year old). Hmm...maybe those great-smelling brands can wait till our babies turn 2! =)