Friday, October 3, 2008

Chicken tinola

I was looking forward to a lunch of steaming hot, flavorful chicken tinola soup for lunch today. Last night, I requested it from our reliable designated cook of the household and was already imagining eating it. I was preoccupied with taking care of the little princess all morning and when finally I could eat, lo and behold, no tinola. Instead there was fried galunggong ( yummy and crispy) and soup with tahong/mussels. I sulked (for about 30 seconds, haha) and ate my lunch. For dinner, we'll be having chicken tinola.
I haven't cooked tinola before but i think (*wink*) its made this way:
(do enlighten me if i'm wrong)
After washing and cleaning your chicken (your choice of cut), saute it with garlic and onions. Then put water over it and let it cook. I'm not sure when you put slices of ginger, but you need to put some though. You then put your vegetables: papaya or sayote, malunggay leaves or sili/chili leaves and season with fish sauce. You just wait for the pot to boil then its done. Yummy comfort food.

2 comments:

Chatty said...

I love cooking tinola too! :)
This is how I do it. I boil the chicken first so that I get good chicken stock. Set stock aside. Saute chicken with garlic, onion, & ginger. Add the chicken stock (you can add more water, if needed, and chicken cubes if you want more flavor). Let it boil. Add veggies like papaya or sayote and malunggay leaves. Leave until veggies are cooked. Serve hot. :)

babymomi said...

so that's where the ginger goes in, you saute it. thanks sis:)